Trust

In these moments of unrest 
before rest at night,
Deep contemplation and feeling fills my being

There are no words to perfectly match my experience of painting
They offer no more than a glimmer shining on the surface of a body of water representing the essence of something much more

But poetry does come.

It does not perfectly state or share the experience. It is as close as I can get to share these messages, that are birthed through my human experience with divine design to impact much more than I could even imagine.

And so here we go.
One more night, 
One more honest message.
And one more time that this is more than one experience, with one person in my life. 
It truly is, so much more.

Trust

I had trusted you
I had trusted myself
When you broke my trust
The action broke my trust in myself

No more will I cling to this power
You held over me
No more will I hold out for hope
That you will do something to fix this

The truth is
I need 
M
Y
S
E
L
F

I need to trust
M
E
again

To be ok, when I do not see
A broken promise coming across the horizon
To be ok, when the pain comes knocking on the door of my heart one more time
To not close up in anticipation of a possible occurance.

Because broken trust 
And broken promises will come again
As many times as they come

And that is ok

My trust with and in
M
Y
S
E
L
F
is here
And here to stay

Comments

Popular Posts