Life and fashion- Sunday at the Library

A couple Sundays ago Spring came to visit Cedar Rapids, Iowa. We (my sis-in-law and husband....and for a brief moment my mother-in-law) celebrated by an afternoon at the library.

Our newly built library has a rooftop garden that you can soak in the sun while perusing through a pile of books. What a lovely combination!

This Sunday I brought my Sharpies and sketchbook along, looking for design inspiration. I must admit that I was very distracted by the opportunity to chat with my companions and stare at the clouds moving above me. After all, one must indulge in the beauty that surrounds them, right?

We eventually went inside and I did get some creative work done. It really was a wonderful way to spend a Sunday afternoon.

Here are some pictures so that you might sneak a peek into my world.

Enjoy!




I bet you don't have to guess which shoes are mine......my favorite little heels.


Wouldn't want to leave Louis out of the foot picture taking. I'm for full participation!


Rockin' the last wearing of these size 14 jeans! By the end of the day, even with a belt I couldn't keep those suckers up. It wasn't that long ago that I rejoiced that I could fit into them.....love my journey.



Enjoying the discovery of a layering app. This picture says something that I'm feeling. And like all good pieces of art, words cannot describe that feeling. I will allow you to see, feel, and interpret.

Have a lovely day! May Spring be finding a way into your heart.

-Melissa


Comments

Popular Posts