Art- discovertree

Meet Discovertree
This sweet child of mine (aka painting) was born out of my personal quest of discovering and pursuing my passions.  I have found in my 34 years of living life, that life moves fast.  I am not content to let life swoop me away.....I want to live with passion and purpose, walking with strength and intention in my God given destiny.

Last year, I decided that I needed help.  I found myself recovering from an auto-immune disease, unhappy, and not sure how to help myself.  Reaching out for help was the best thing I could have done for myself.  We are not designed to be an island, we are designed for community.

Meet my Melissa helpers:

http://theundercoveragent.com/
This is my sweet mother-in-law, Sharon Collins.  She is an amazing pediatrician.....but she is also the doctor that diagnosed my auto-immune challenge.  Thank God that she did!  I was one hurting unit and needed some guidance.  She also prayed over me and interceded for my healing.  Words cannot describe my gratitude for her love and tender care.  Her blog is about being an Undercover Agent- check it out!

http://www.yourhormones.com/
Joe Collins is a special guy.  He understands herbs, supplements, medicine and how they can help the body heal.  When I first went to him, he spoke hope over me.  He said that my body would heal and I would feel better than ever.  I had to commit to making some changes, but the changes were worth it.  It is amazing how much better I am doing now.......so MUCH BETTER!!  This website links to the some of the supplements that I take.  I recommend that you meet with him to figure out which vitamin/supplement plan suits your needs.  You can be the average person with small issues and benefit from knowing what is right for you to take instead of guessing.

https://www.facebook.com/TheBizDoctor
 Lisa Van Allen Dierks is quite the woman.  She assisted me discovering which of my many passions were the ones to follow and give time to.  It can be quite a complicated world inside of me.  Lisa gently helped me sift through my thoughts and emotions and DISCOVER what my main passions were.  And then, she helped me see my value.  This painting shares in visual form what was going on inside of me during the first part of the process.  So much was being unlocked, and other things were being put into proper order.......the synapses of my creative mind were being charged with proper, beautiful, God-filled alignment.  This links up with her facebook page.  You can see what she is all about.  I enjoy her posts, they are very inspiring.

http://www.houseofhopecr.org/
Just the words House of Hope make me smile.  What a beautiful treasure of a place that we have here in Cedar Rapids.  Anyone who has attended the Ultimate Journey will tell you how pivotal it can be in a person's life.  Essentially, you ally with yourself and discover what you are believing and feeling at the root level.  WOW!  I learned much about myself and the little girl that has always been inside me.  This class is simply amazing.  This link will take you to their website where you can see all the classes that go on at the House of Hope.  Take a moment and check it out.

https://www.facebook.com/TheFreedomCoach79
Louis has been such a strength and voice of wisdom in my life.  Not only is he an amazing husband, but he is also a Freedom Coach.  He works with people to help them live the life they are created to live.  He is generous with his patience and kindness.  I love living life with him.  He stood by me through this last hard chapter of my journey.  Believe me, I was not the easiest person to live with.  My Mr. Handsome loved me and spoke truth to me everyday.  His belief that I was going to regain my life fully, completely, and abundantly helped me more than he could ever know.  Louis has a great page and I love what he posts.  He is definitely worth following on Facebook.  AND if you are looking for a life coach, he has much to offer you.

If you are stuck in any way, please reach out.  Feel free to follow my links and connect.  My hope and prayer is that you are living with your passions fully alive and in proper alignment to your God given destiny.  Yes, you can live your dream life.  Your dreams have been planted in your heart with reason and purpose.  Believe it.

God bless you.

Comments

  1. The time we spent together Melissa was a true blessing. I am looking forward to collaborating with you on creative projects as we both pursue our passions!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Melissa thank you for sharing your story with us! Reaching out for help can feel scary but it is truly a great thing. People have many strengths to share with each other. I'm glad you have found your path! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Melissa, I love this piece of work. And I love your mother-in-law's website. I bookmarked it to look at it further in the morning because I found this late tonight. I'm so glad you shared this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweet Melissa - I "thank you" for allowing me to be a part of your journey to discovery. You are an amazing young woman that is lovely inside and out, talented beyond measures and a light of HIM. Continue to dig your roots deeper into the truth of who you. Love your discover tree!!! Powerful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Melissa, you have no idea how easy it is to love you. It is a PRIVILEGE to be a part of your life. You also have yet to discover how beautiful and talented you really are. I love your art!

    ReplyDelete
  6. thank you melissa. this was timely for me. your passion flows from you so beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! I definitely feel loved. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts