Art- Pocket Art Journals

POCKET ART JOURNALS
I am so excited to share with you a project from the Design Studio of Melissa Marie!  This is my first step-by-step tutorial and I think that you will enjoy it.

Pocket journals entered my life many years ago and I am hooked on the convenience of keeping all my little notes in one place.  It helps me stay somewhat organized and not hunting after a note that was taken on a random envelope or piece of paper that has drifted into the unknown.  I dislike hunting down items...... well, dislike may not be a strong enough word..... so little journals have helped decrease the hunt in one area of my life.

Here is the list of supplies needed:

A drawing- from your sketchbook, a friend's, or a little one in your life
Paper- lined or blank
Stapler-  I have an extra-long stapler that was purchased from an office supply store, but an average size one would work
Scissors- sharp pair intended for paper


Cut the drawing into the desired size (I preferred 3 1/2" by 7"), keeping in mind that you will be stapling into the middle of the piece, so adjust as needed.  Fold drawing in half and create a crease.


Collect your paper for the body of the journal.  I decided to pull apart an old journal that I had only used a couple pages of.  It felt like recycling- only from my own stash!


Line up 7-10 sheet of your paper.  Place the drawing on top.  Staple twice on the crease.  (I fit two drawings on one sheet- it was easier to staple both at this step then later).



Trim around the outside of your drawing(s) with sharp paper scissors.


Fold in half and fussy trim if you want (I enjoy fussy trimming:) That's it!  You are done!!


Here is a sample of one with words.  I kept it simple and really like the results.



As you can see, I got hooked and made quite a few!  And will make more :)  It makes me feel like all the little sketches living in my sketch book get to go out into the world!

I think this project would be a perfect one for little kids drawings.  What a fun present for a grandparent, aunt, or uncle.

Thank you for taking the time to look at my first tutorial!  Please let me know what you think.

Take care and have a good day!






Comments

  1. Very cool! I'm thinking this would be an awesome project with the kiddos. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The grandparent present is a super good idea. I think I will make some of these with the scribbles my little dude does.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats! Maybe you'll be interested in http://pocketart.yzonk.com/

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts